Production Engineering is focused on enabling the graduates to carry out and lead production processes in a company, which operates in fast changing market environment. To work efficiently a specialist must have knowledge of production technologies and process management, be able to develop and manage production processes, choose materials for products, technological equipment and ensure its operation, analyse technical problems of production. Students can deepen their knowledge in production technologies and management.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design
|Field||Production and Manufacturing Engineering|
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 4 y. (Day-time)|
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Engineering Sciences|
KTU has a long history of expertise in production and industrial engineering, and the programme is ranked No. 1 of a kind in Lithuania in 2016.
Students learn and apply Autodesk Inventor Professional, Solidworks, MTS TopCamm ABB Robot Studio and other software.
Students can deepen their knowledge in management through electives of Entrepreneurship Education.
|Engineering Materials||Design of Tools and Equipment||Organisation of production processes||Safe Production|
A student who chooses BA+ competence, acquires the knowledge and skills in an additional study field, and discovers new career prospects.
BA+ competence blocks offered in KTU Bachelor’s study programmes can be an alternative study plan for:
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the diploma supplement.
Graduates of Manufacturing Engineering programme quickly learn and understand technical aspects of production, they are characterised by systematic thinking and general technological training. Knowledge obtained by the graduates enables them to understand modern production processes in a short period of time.
Since the first semester I felt that those studies will take me where I want to be, if I study thoroughly, and remain honest with myself and my lecturers. In my case, it is a powerful international company, which provides possibilities for young specialists.
– Understand scientific and fundamental principles for analysis, design of graphic communication engineering systems, project implementation and management of these systems.
– Applies advanced software and numerical computerised analysis methods for research and design of polygraph products.
– Plans and performs experimental research related to polygraph, packing materials, polygraph products, electronic preparation and printing technologies.
– Designs publications, packages of various purposes, graphic elements for document protection and other polygraph products, performs their electronic preparation and selects modern materials and printing method, as we as process technology corresponding to the special requirements defined by normative documents.
– Able to apply technical and scientific literature for performance of design tasks, prepare alternative solutions and assess them in terms of technical, economic, green engineering and sustainable development aspects.
– Able to combine traditional, new and original solutions, integrate technical innovations and scientific achievements in the areas of materials, printing and packaging technologies.
– Able to conduct and organise engineering activities in the field of graphic technologies with consideration of legal, commercial and environmental aspects.
– Able to individually plan and organise professional activities, making decisions regarding selection of content, forms and methods.
– Assessment and improvement of technologies;
– Development and installation of new technological processes;
– Technological discipline control, quality assurance in the manufactured production.
– Supervision, assurance and installation of technological processes;
– Organisation of the work of subordinate personnel;
– Assurance of production quality and deadlines for orders.
– Organisation of the work of subordinate personnel;
– Production planning and control of plan implementation, control of production indicators;
– Preparation, management and supervision of documentation.
– Development of the company’s operational strategy;
– Management of the organisation;
– Making and implementation of production development policy.
– Performance of scientific research works with appropriate application of theoretical models, experimental/laboratory equipment and machinery, and announcement of the results;
– Implementation of experimental development projects and dissemination of results;
– Participation in expert, educational activities, preparation of specialists.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
|High school certificate|
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2951 €|
|Price per credit||49,18 €|