Designed for graduates who want to pursue international business careers, this Master’s Degree provides an in-depth understanding of the successful management of the global enterprise. The programme seeks to develop an international, cross-cultural and global mind-set among international managers of the future through analysis of real cases of international business, learning from the lecturers with highest scientific and practical competence, work in a multicultural team on X-Culture project in motivating study environment.
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.Apply
School of Economics and Business
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y. (Cyclic, Evening-time)|
|Degree awarded||Master of Business Management|
Valuable experience through analysis of real cases of international business and learning from lecturers holding the highest scientific and practical competences.
Extensive career opportunities in a wide range of occupations from project managers of international businesses, managers of divisions/departments/functions to company managers, business developers in global markets, and business consultants, business owners and developers.
Students take part in international virtual multicultural project X-Culture, where they learn to work in multi-cultural teams, develop new product ideas in cooperation with teams from other international universities.
|Identification of the Possibilities Organisation’s Development||Strategic and Tactical Business Management||Preparation of International Operational Strategy and Plans||Implementation of International Operational Strategy in Markets and in Virtual Multi-Cultural Teams|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
Plenty of opportunities await during the studies. I perso- nally believe that to achieve something, ﬁrst you need to make the step forward, accept the challenges, explore as much as possible while staying motivated and participating in every event. "If my mind conceives it and my heart believes it, I know I can achieve it" – this is my motivational statement. This programme and the support of the faculty members made it possible to achieve!
The progamme equips students with a variety of competences that contribute to a unique proﬁle of manager and business professional who can be successful in very diﬀerent organizational settings. Thanks to such a diverse portfolio of competences combined with cross-cultural management skills I am able to oﬀer our customers and partners optimal solutions, provide business consultations that allow to grow and maintain the leader‘s positions in the Baltic region.
"Leap forward" is probably the best way to describe my experience at the programme. The studies gave me world-class knowledge and systemic understanding of modern business management. It was of a great practical use for my daily working life and career. This experience was one of my best investment decisions ever made - not only ﬁnancially, but also in terms of making friendships, becoming part of a strong professional network and having a great sense of personal growth.
– Assessment of organisation and performance mechanism of the company’s international activities in the context of political, legal and cultural environment;
– Application of process management knowledge in development, management and improvement of the organisation’s service provision and production systems;
– Application of business and organisational management theory in practice using change and personnel management methods.
– Able to conduct individual analysis and critical assessment of the processes in the global and regional business environment and its separate segments, to identify the factor influencing business development results and consequences;
– Able to assess situation of his/her company/organisation in the context of local and global market, to make decisions related to operative and strategic management of all resources required for business;
– Able to conduct process organisation and management in the business companies; apply effective marketing methods for analysis and assessment of performance results.
– Analysis of the international markets and their trends, assessment of a company’s possibilities to establish a position and operate in the international markets;
– Preparation and implementation of business development strategies in the international markets;
– Design and performance of management and business organisation activities in the company.
– Preparation, implementation and monitoring of strategic plans, programmes, policy, processes, systems and procedures;
– Preparation, administration and supervision of scientific research and analysis of policy;
– Supervision and management of activities of the employees responsible for policy making and strategic planning.
– Preparation and implementation of a long-term communication strategy taking into consideration the organisation’s strategic business objectives;
– Initiation and maintenance of communication with the target media;
– Dissemination of public information about the organisation via traditional and digital media channels.
– Development of procedures and tools related to the personnel management / administration processes;
– Insurance of personnel processes’ and documentation’s compliance with applied requirements;
– Planning and coordination of the company’s or organisation’s activities, policies and practices related to employees and employment relationships.
|University bachelor degree certificate|
Business and Management, Economics or Social study fields degree.
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or previously completed studies in english language.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||3800 €|
|Price per credit||63,33 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2952 €|
|Price per credit||49,2 €|