Citizens of other countries
Students from non-EU countries are required to obtain a national visa.
Documents required for National Visa:
- Print-out from the Lithuanian bank, showing sufficient amount of money (304 EUR per month/3648 EUR per year);
- Mediation letter from KTU;
- Application form. It has to be printed and submitted together with the documents for a visa. You can fill in the application on the website: https://visa.vrm.lt/epm.
- Passport and visa/TRP (plus photocopy);
- One colored photo;
- Document about sufficient means of subsistence and the funds for return;
- Health insurance.
For the issue of a national visa, you must apply to the Lithuanian Visa Service in a foreign country or to an external service provider’s visa application center .
If you intend to study in Lithuania for more than one year, you have to apply for Temporary Residence Permit (TRP). This document is valid for two years but no longer than expected graduation date.
General order (paying 120 EUR for the application)
- 3 months before visa expires – if you are applying for the first time;
- No earlier than 4 months and no later than 2 months before TRP expiration day – if you need to renew your TRP.
Urgent order (paying 240 EUR for the application)
- 1,5 months before visa expires – if you are applying for the first time
- No earlier than 4 months and no later than 1 month before TRP expiration day – if you need to renew your TRP.
In order to get the TRP you have to follow these steps.
1 Step. Apply for the Mediation letter. You can order it via AIS (certificates ordering section, ‘Mediation letter for issuing of temporary residence permit’). It is usually issued within 3-5 working days. You will need the reference number of this document, in order to finish your TRP application.
2 Step. Submit an application electronically through the Lithuanian Migration Information System (MIGRIS).
You will also be required to submit these documents:
- Valid travel document.
- Printout from the bank, showing sufficient amount of money (no less than 3648 EUR). This has to be presented in English if you hold an international bank account or in Lithuanian if you opened the bank account in Lithuania.*
- Declaration of residence place in Lithuania.
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC/Non-criminal Record). Documents must be legalized or certified with an Apostille, written in English or translated officially. If you are renewing your TRP you do not need to submit this.
- Proof of Health Insurance.
3 Step. Through the application system you will also book the visit time to the Migration Office. You have to make the appointment in person within 4 months from the date of submission of the application to the MIGRIS and submit the biometric data, the original travel document and original or duly certified copies of the other documents listed above.
4 Step. You will have to pay the application fee (you can pay in Migration Office).
5 Step. Once the decision to issue TRP is given by the Migration Department of Lithuania, it is sent to your indicated e-mail address and you have to take your TRP card on the last day when your visa/TRP expires.
*It is fine to show the statement from your parents’ bank account. In this case you also need to present the notarized affidavit as a proof that your parents agree to support you financially.
Please DO NOT leave the preparation of necessary documents for the last minute.