Master’s programme in Architecture emphasises development of architecture specialists in design, architectural, urban and territorial planning. Studies provide competences of scientific-methodical assessment, which enable preparation of professional projects for buildings and urban complexes as well as managerial skills to progress in architecture business field. This is one of a few study programmes with very tight collaboration among architects and civil engineers both in studies and research areas.
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.Apply
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y. (Day-time)|
|Degree awarded||Master of Arts|
The programme offers either to masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing individual set of competencies required for career.
Friendly and collaborative environment to study and create at newly established Design Library Kaunas and Office of Artistic and Architectural Skills Development Laboratories.
Studio based teaching method is applied in the development of projects, followed by application of BIM, CAD, Space Syntax, ArcGIS software.
|Designing and Management of Buildings||Integration of Modern Architecture in Historical Environment||Design and Regeneration of Urban Structures||Analysis of Architectural, Historical and Sociocultural Context|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
Studies involved theoretical lectures, we prepared practical projects individually and in teams. Individual work developed responsibility for my decisions, while team work developed social and communication skills for the achievement of mutual objective. I successfully applied it in design activities, working as an architect in Lithuania and completing my internship at the architectural company in China, as well as performing research activities, working with scientific projects, during my internship at the University of Oldenburg. Fascinated by possibilities for application of theoretical knowledge in practice, I decided to continue my education in doctoral studies.
Graduates make a significant contribution to the experimental development and research works performed by the institute. Their basic knowledge of design is useful for preparation of good quality documents of territorial planning, and scientific methodological preparation enables qualified performance of research and analytical work of landscaping.
– Performance of scientific research;
– Preparation of research-based projects;
– Team work;
– Management and work with people.
– Able to perform scientific research works individually;
– Able to substantiate his/her creative ideas using scientific knowledge;
– Able to design buildings and urban complexes;
– Able to implement interdisciplinary projects.
– Analysis of the site, inspection of construction area, consulting of the interested subjects for identification of type, style and size of the proposed buildings;
– Preparation of project sketches, drawings and documentation, preparation of the project’s general and architectural part, and submission for coordination;
– Supervision of construction or repair works ensuring compliance with technical specifications and quality standards.
– Analysis of legal documents applied in the urbanised territory, inspection of the site of works and consulting of the interested subjects on the issues of landscape and architecture;
– Preparation of territorial plans, provision of solutions to problems;
– Performance of procedures of legal coordination, publicising of projects, involvement of the interested social groups.
– Inspection of the site of works and consulting of the interested subjects on the issues of landscape and architecture;
– Preparation of projects, drawings and plans, provision of solutions to problems;
– Preparation of technical specifications and contracts, as well as calls for proposals for public procurement on behalf of the customers.
|University bachelor degree certificate|
Architecture study field degree
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or previously completed studies in English language.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||4300 €|
|Price per credit||71,67 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||4234 €|
|Price per credit||70,57 €|