Future Master’s graduates study IT services in cloud computing, project management, multimedia data mining, digital video and audio processing, virtual reality and 3D modelling, and other subjects.
Specialists of informatics, who graduated from this programme, have deeper knowledge of applied informatics, as well as multimedia, methodological knowledge of data analysis, are able to plan and coordinate work of the team of specialists, to take decisions and independently perform scientific research.
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Faculty of Informatics
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y. (Distance, Evening-time)|
|Degree awarded||Master of Computing|
Outstanding links with local industry for cooperative placement, collaborative research and employment: Lithuania and Kaunas are called Baltic IT hub.
KTU is renowned for research and development of artificial intelligence, IT for modelling and simulation led by research leader prof. R. Barauskas.
Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing individual set of competencies required for career.
|Broader knowledge of the formation of systems' mathematical models||Ability to apply contemporary methods to calculations in multimedia, integrating knowledge of informatics||Broader knowledge in theory of artificial intellect||Ability to evaluate qualitative parameters of IT-based systems and their need in the market|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
Persons with Master degree in Informatics are very useful for us in performance of RTD (Research and technological development) tasks and works for the European projects.
– Skills of the application of artificial intellect, IT safety, virtual reality and 3D modelling principles in designing of IT, multimedia and software systems;
– Knowledge of IT business management processes, ability to identify and develop information technology projects corresponding to the market needs;
– Knowledge of the latest IT technologies and possibilities of their application in the market
– Skills of planning and performance of scientific research in the field of informatics.
– Able to design informatics-mathematics models for analysis and improvement of IT and multimedia systems, business processes and software systems;
– Able to design network, multimedia or other IT services, complex Internet and multimedia systems;
– Able to plan and coordinate works of the group of specialists in designing and realisation of IT projects;
– Able to individually set tasks of IT team management, IT system design and scientific tasks for himself/herself and solve them;
– Able to plan and conduct experiments and calculations of informatics, analyse and summarise their results;
– Able to conduct synthesis of different research results, make conclusions.
– Design of IT systems architecture: servers, data repositories, visualisation, reserve copies, archiving;
– Development of the services based on cloud computing at the data centre;
– Participation in the process of creation and development of IT systems projects
– Analysis, design and documenting of IT systems;
– Specification of customers’ needs, presentation of solutions’ architecture to the customers.
– Planning of IT project, submission of the plan to the team of designers, its testing and implementation until complete insurance of functionality;
– Coordination and supervision of IT project;
– Collection, structuring and analysis of information.
– Analysis and assessment of similar products and services in the market, preparation of proposals;
– Analysis of customers’ requirements for information systems
– Design of information systems;
– Preparation of project documentation.
– Planning and implementation of scientific research and projects in the field of informatics;
– Description of research results and their presentation at national and international conferences and in the magazines;
– Topics of the work of scientists-researchers: Simulation of physical behaviour, merger simulation of systems, recognition of multimedia signals, application of artificial intelligence methods for development of smart environments and intellectual technologies.
|University bachelor degree certificate|
Physical or Technology study field degree
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or previously completed studies in english language.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||4300 €|
|Price per credit||71,67 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||4234 €|
|Price per credit||70,57 €|