- Experts with proficiency and analytical abilities in different spheres of social welfare: education, employment, family policies, social security, etc.
The knowledge and skills provided by this programme meet the highest standards of this profession and respond to the needs of job market. The graduates of the programme can expect successful career in social policy field, when designing policies for political, public organisations, they can work in private and public organisations implementing those policies, also in companies and organisations providing social services.
Social Welfare and Policy master’s programme provides the students with deep theoretical and methodological knowledge in social policy. After the studies, graduates will be able to recognise social problems and to suggest professional solutions to them. In the programme of Social Welfare and Policy exceptional attention is paid to social research methods which help properly diagnose and interpret social reality and suggest adequate solutions to social problems.Description of Study Programme
Faculty of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 1,5 y. (Distance, Evening-time)|
|Degree awarded||Master of Social Sciences|
Full-time studies - 3989 €
|Partial tuition fee waiver|
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
The tuition fee applied for the academic year 2021-2022 is indicated below.
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||3989 €|
|Price per credit||66,48 €|
|Partial tuition fee waiver can be applied for the study price. Find more information HERE.|
– Knowledge of social problems in society and in individual territorial-administrative unit;
– Knowledge of solutions for social problems;
– Monitoring of implemented social policy and control of its implementation.
– Able to critically assess and apply theoretical scientific knowledge while explaining a wide range of the problems of social policy and welfare;
– Able to formulate strategic objectives, tasks of social policy, prepare operational plans, manage, implement and monitor projects, programmes or common institutional activities;
– Able to provide evidence-based conclusions and solutions in various areas of social policy.