Procedure and Requirements for Documents
An applicant (candidate) submits one application online at apply.ktu.edu for admission to studies at the University and an assessment and recognition of a qualification:
- Candidates applying to the study programmes in the Lithuanian language submit their application at stojantiesiems.ktu.edu;
- Candidates applying to the study programmes in the English language submit their application at apply.ktu.edu.
The following documents have to be submitted with an application:
- A document certifying a foreign qualification or other equivalent documents (Diploma or degree certificate, if the final diploma is yet to be issued, please include a provisional certification, which confirms the fact of your graduation and provides the title of your qualification in the original language);
- An appendix (appendices) to the document certifying a foreign qualification or other equivalent documents (The academic transcript, records of grades, or a similar document has to be in the original language. It should list all the subjects, grades, and credits and/or hours. For some countries, it is required for the academic transcript to be sent directly to our office from the educational institution. Logins from the electronic examination systems can be submitted in the initial stage if the appendix (appendices) to the document certifying a foreign qualification is not issued at the time of document submission);
- In case of admission to the second and third cycle studies – a document certifying the education of previous study cycles (for example, if you are applying for recognition of a second-cycle higher education qualification, such as a Master degree or similar, your Bachelor diploma has to be submitted) and its appendix (appendices) (these documents and their translations or copies do not need to be notarised or legalised);
- A document certifying the change of name and/or surname if the documents of education are issued in a different name and/or surname;
- Other documents (if any) required for the objective assessment of qualification, certifying another education acquired by the applicant, explaining the acquired qualifications or the submitted documents of education;
- Depending on the preferred study programme(s), additional documents may be required (for example, a certificate of the knowledge of the English language); however, they are not directly related to the assessment and recognition of qualification.
- All scans must be made from original documents (i.e. NOT copies), be in full colour and also be clear and legible. Any scans that do not meet such requirements will be disregarded.
All documents issued in languages other than English or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation. Documents issued in English or Lithuanian do not require a translation.
Please note! Requirements for submission of documents may vary by country. For more information, please see Country Specific Requirements.
Please note! The application will not be processed if the submitted documents are suspected to be fraudulent.
By submitting the application, applicant confirms that documents submitted are correct, truthful and complete and that KTU can verify the authenticity and accuracy of the provided documents. KTU might contact the document issuing authority and/or national ENIC/NARIC (SKVC) centre for more information about the presented qualification.
The procedure is free of charge. The University will not cover any costs related to the submission of the required documentation.