After graduating, a student will be able to:
– apply the knowledge of chemical and physical phenomenon (material and energy balance, chemical and physical equilibrium, chemical kinetics etc.) to identify and solve various complex problems of chemical engineering;
– design and model products, processes and apparatus for different fields of chemical engineering – petroleum, polymer, silicate, inorganic fertilizer, textile etc.;
– plan and carry out research of products and processes by employing modern analytical equipment;
– model chemical engineering processes using Aspen HYSYS chemical process simulator.
Student will gain competences of:
– practical skills in experiments, analysis and evaluation of experimental results in accordance with the study program;
– application of chemical compounds according to their physical and chemical properties;
– knowledge of fundamental principles of material and energy balances, chemical equilibrium and kinetics in engineering processes;
– knowledge and management of technologies in various fields of chemistry: petroleum, polymer, textile, inorganic fertilizer, binding materials etc.