The programme educates the skills of creation and application of economic models at functional levels on the national and international scale, establishment, and management of companies. The graduates receive practical skills of modelling and calculation of various economic effects of business solutions and acquire practical skills and abilities enabling to increase the competitive advantages of companies.
According to the information of Magazine “Reitingai” (Rankings) of 2017, it is one of the best Master’s degree study programme preparing the specialists of economics at the Lithuanian universities.
School of Economics and Business
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y. (Cyclic, Evening-time)|
|Degree awarded||Master of Social Sciences|
The international experts evaluated this programme with one of the highest scores and accredited for the maximum period of 6 years. The composition of programme is coordinated with the representatives of social partners – companies and state institutions.
Highly-qualified lecturers are top-quality researchers the efforts of whom helped to win the competition of the first and the only Long-term Institutional Economic Research Programme of Lithuania “Challenges of Lithuanian Long-term Economic Competitiveness” and researches conducted according to this programme.
The acquired practical skills are modelled by using various instruments and Bloomberg laboratory platform and calculation of effects of various economic decisions and skills and abilities enabling the increase of the competitive advantages of economic subject, are successfully used by the majority of specialists who graduated from the programme and are able to work in various companies and organisations.
According to the data of the “Map of Professions” of Lithuania of 01/01/2015, the supply of economists was 34 people, the demand – 18 people. http://www.ldb.lt/Informacija/DarboRinka/Puslapiai/Profesiju_zemelapis.aspx The according indices for the accounting servants were 149 and 82.
According to the US Bureau of Labour Statistics, the perspective of growth of the employment of economists for 2012-2022 is 14%, whereas the average is 11%.
From economist, senior economist, director of economics and investment department to business owner, director, director of departments of government and international institutions, and other establishments, top-level manager. The economists can consult politicians, do career in the field of politics or public administration field, continue the PhD studies. The speciality of economist in the world is attributed to the highest paid ones, e.g., http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/majors-that-pay-you-back/graduate-degrees (last seen on 11/12/2015), where it is indicated that according to the amount of the annual wage, the Masters of Economics occupy a very high (tenth) place among 130 main Master specialities – the starting annual wage is 71.9, whereas the average of career – 136 thousand US dollars.
|Evaluation of macroeconomics policy||Evaluation of global markets and international trade operations||Financial and investment decisions||Data analysis and modelling|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
The Economics studies in KTU deepened my knowledge and skills necessary in the evaluation of business and economics challenges in the globalisation context and in making daily decisions related to the company’s management. Modelling of business environment, strategic insights, financial and marketing decisions of the company are only a small share of competencies I acquired when studying in this programme.
The Economics studies helped me to educate my analytical skills, their application in practical activity by analysing and interpreting the sources, performing the empirical research and summarising the conclusions. The global context opened the possibilities to apply the acquired skills in daily situations and in making strategic decisions of the international company.
– Critical application of macroeconomic policy and impact of its measures in solving of interdisciplinary problems in the global environment;
– Performance of fundamental and applied economic research and application of their results in professional activities;
– Analysis and forecasts of economic consequences in the national and global environment;
– Strategic assessment of economic solutions under conditions of uncertainty combining interdisciplinary knowledge and following the principles of social accountability.
– Able to analyse and assess economic processes and phenomena, process and assess economic information, apply various methods of analysis;
– Able to plan, organise, conduct and assess economic, financial and investment activities of the economic entities active in the national and international markets;
– Able to provide proposals regarding the improvement of economic activities of the economic entities and introduction of innovations;
– Able to individually apply specialised professional knowledge based on social sciences, humanities, technologies and other sciences for management and improvement of economic processes.
– Performance of research of economic and strategic nature, preparation of investment plans / feasibility studies;
– Analysis and assessment of national and international markets, search for sales channels and development;
– Analysis and assessment of the company’s economic and financial data, reports, performance indicators.
– Assessment of possibilities of the company’s activities and forecast of its economic performance indicators;
– Analysis of national and international market conditions while preparing business strategies or formulating economic insights;
– Initiation of economic solutions and their implementation aiming to increase performance efficiency.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2952 €|
|Price per credit||49,2 €|