The graduates of this programme will possess diverse range of knowledge about the specifics of state processes, about the processes taking place in different financial market segments, in business sector. They will be able to apply innovative financial management principles, tools and methods in various financial management institutions and non-financial corporations, and to identify and solve financial management problems, arising at the level of the state, financial sector or non-financial company.Entry requirements
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
– Abstract the information relevant to changes of financial system provided in various data resources, interpret the specifics of application of financial management models in the circumstances that are not yet completely examined;
– Give recommendations, simulate strategic solutions in the areas of investment management and company’s financial management;
– Systematically argue the suitability of the proposed financial management solutions and their necessity in the context of value creation and risk management using theoretical and empirical knowledge.
– Able to analyse processes in various segments of financial market, business sector and assess consequences of the decisions made at various levels to the financial results;
– Able to simulate investment and other financial management solutions, develop and implement strategies for value creation and prepare financial forecasts;
– Able to apply traditional and modern financial management methodologies creatively in preparation and implementation of financial strategies.
– Analysis of the company’s or organisation’s financial situation and making of financial policy
– Strategic planning of financial activities, implementation of strategic solutions, risk management and control;
– Company’s or organisation’s representation at the highest level while making transactions with other institutions.
– Development of investment strategies taking into consideration the objectives and changing environmental conditions;
– Management of investment portfolio;
– Risk management.
– Complex analysis of the company’s financial situation, systematic analysis of processes in the financial markets;
– Forecast of the changes in economic environment and financial market trends;
– Modelling and implementation of strategic solutions for value creation.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2608 €|
|Price per credit||43,47 €|