Accounting and Auditing programme is an internationally acknowledged study programme, providing in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of accounting and audit for pursuit of prestigious internationally recognised ACCA qualification and becoming a professional accounting or audit specialist, senior accountant, financial director, company’s manager at national or international company of audit, accounting or other business branch, Lithuanian or EU public sector institution.
The programme is run in Vilnius, the capital city, where major international accounting companies are located. Outstanding links with them provides placements, collaborative research and employment. The studies are organised in the way to combine both studies and professional development at the same time.Apply
School of Economics and Business
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y.|
|Degree awarded||Master of Business Management|
It is the only programme in Lithuania which ensures competences of international accounting standards for the work at international companies (University of Edinburgh, 2015).
It is the only programme in the Baltic States, accredited by the International Association of Accounting Professionals; graduation of this programme provides a credit for 3 ACCA examinations (F5, F7 and F8).
The programme is run in Vilnius with the highest concentration of financial and auditing companies in Lithuania to match studies and professional development simultaneously.
|Understanding of International Accounting and Standards||Understanding of Theoretical Knowledge of Auditing, Practical Situations and Issues||Provision of Information for Management Decisions||Evaluation of Business and Assets|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
Who else could tell us – owners and employees, investors and creditors, state and citizens – how things are, if not accounting specialists? And who could confirm that what is said by accounting specialists is true, if not auditors? Both of these professions are vertebra of market economy, they provide the most significant resource – information, required for decision-making.
I have a very positive approach towards studies of audit and accounting. During the lectures we performed interesting, practical tasks that could be applied in the area of work. Good and competent lecturers, including the ones from the business world, provided us with useful advices, based on science as well as on their life experience. I personally, liked modules of Consolidated Accounting and Analysis of Companies, Evaluation of Assets and Business, Audit, Internal Audit, Value-based Management, which helped me acquire necessary and valuable knowledge, deepen my knowledge of accounting, and acquire basic knowledge of audit; that was useful in my professional career.
– Graduate has deep theoretical knowledge of accounting and audit, is able to recognise the problems of accounting and audit at the conceptual level;
– Individually solves the problems of accounting consolidation, performance control, assurance of correctness and transparency of financial reports, reduction of information asymmetry in traditional, global and network-based organisations;
– Able to argue methodologically and conduct accounting and audit applied research, effectively communicate their results.
– Able to apply accounting methodology in practical implementation of national and international standards, and while individually solving problems of accounting consolidation, information transparency and reduction of asymmetry;
– Able to plan and conduct financial, internal and social audit using audit methodologies and techniques, and following the principles of professional ethics and social responsibility;
– Able to formulate, assess and prepare an organisation management control system in modern organisations, integrating the latest concepts of accounting, audit, management accounting, intellectual capital, and measurement and management of the company’s value.
– Consultations on budget, accounting control, accounting policies and systems, their planning and installation;
– Preparation of tax returns, consulting on the amount of taxes;
– Preparation and interpretation of financial accountability and other management reports.
– Targeted collection of accounting data, its processing and analysis, providing information for decision-making in business management.
(after passing of qualification examinations)
– Audit of accounting information and financial reports.
– Assurance of the internal control system’s efficiency.
– Preparation and approval of financial accountability submitted to the management, shareholders and other institutions as required by the law;
– Assessment of the company’s or organisation’s financial situation, preparation of budget and supervision of financial operations.
– Preparation and management of budget, control of expenses and assurance of efficient use of resources;
– Establishment of operational and administration procedures and their supervision.
– Planning and supervision of standard activities;
– Company’s or organisation’s representation while making transactions with other institutions.
|University bachelor degree certificate|
Business and Management or Economics degree
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or previously completed studies in english language.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||3800 €|
|Price per credit||63,33 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||3465 €|
|Price per credit||57,75 €|