Aviation engineering is a science that literally and figuratively takes us to the sky. True, you have already learned this – although your first paper plane was probably not as good as the prototypes you created later – it is a start.
As you study, you will learn how the principles of aerodynamics work, what materials aircraft are made of, and how those materials behave during flight. During your studies, you will not only understand how to design, manufacture and maintain aircraft but also learn how to solve creative engineering and aviation challenges.
Focused on professional experience at aviation companies, the KTU Bachelor’s in Aviation Engineering leads through gradual learning about processes underlying the principles of aerial vehicle design, of building and maintenance of aircraft as well as dealing with many other aspects related to the engineering in aviation.
The curriculum of BSc in Aviation Engineering at KTU complies to the recommendations of Transport Competence Agency, therefore its graduates may seek for an aircraft technician or engineer licence.
Extended practice possibility at aviation companies
Specialised research equipment: wind tunnel, non-destructive testing, automated aircraft design system
Access to the specialised research equipment at partner companies
Talented students can join an advanced study path of KTU GIFTed Community
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
High school certificate
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
Physics or Chemistry
or Information Technologies
IELTS, TOEFL, CEFR or equivalent
The tuition fee applied for the academic year 2021-2022 is indicated below.
Price per credit
Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens
Price per credit
Partial tuition fee waiver can be applied for the study price.
Design and modernisation of aircrafts, their systems and elements
Determination and assurance of functionality and reliability of aircrafts and their systems
Expertise in aircraft maintenance technologies and processes, their selection and management
Knowledge in safety and legal regulations applying to engineering activities in aviation
First Aeronautical engineering cluster in Europe
The first in Europe cluster of aeronautical engineering companies and educational institutions has been created in Lithuania with the lead of KTU in 2016.
Specialised research equipment
The hands-on experience is gained using specialised research equipment at the University and at the aviation companies in Lithuania.
Practice in aviation companies
The students may choose 2 semesters of extended practice in an aviation company to deepen their specialisation skills and solve real industry problems.
– Individual and team work skills
– Analytical and critical thinking
– Openness to innovations
– Problem solving, assessment
– Decision making
– Able to design equipment
– Able to apply methods for research of the functionality and reliability problems in aircrafts and their systems
– Able to create and improve aircraft systems
– Able to participate in the projects of aircraft production and renovation
– Able to work at the aircraft design, production and repair companies
– Preparation of standards and policies for installation, changing, quality control, testing, inspections and maintenance according to the engineering principles and safety rules;
– Analysis of the use of labour force, employees’ timetables and expenses aiming to determine the biggest efficiency of employees and equipment;
– Preparation of technical specifications for production and planning of systems layout.
– Application of engineering knowledge in design, improvement and assessment of automated control systems and processes performed by them;
– Establishment of production or installation methods, materials and quality standards, management of production or installation of products and systems;
– Organisation of maintenance and repair of the operating systems, engines and equipment, management.
– Control of electronic or computerised control panels from the control centre while monitoring and controlling the optimised processes;
– Control and inspection of equipment and systems for identification of defects, and registration of diagrams and readings of meters;
– Supervision of equipment and machinery operators and other employees.
– Design of steam engines, internal combustion engines and other non-electrical engines used in railway locomotives, vehicles or planes, or in industrial means of transportation or other mechanisms;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures assuring the equipment’s efficiency;
– Insurance of equipment’s’ compliance with technical specifications and safety standards.
– Preparation of a flight plan, analysis and compliance with a standard flight plan;
– Analysis of technical maintenance data and performance of inspections;
– Control of operation of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment, insurance of operation of controls.
– Mounting and testing of aircraft electrical and electronic components, mounted equipment and systems;
– Overhaul of structures, functional components and other elements;
– Inspection of aircraft housings and aircraft units for identification of depreciation, fractures, breaks, leaks and other problems.
– Identification of the need for repair in materials;
– Assembling and mounting of components, mechanical machinery, engines and motor vehicles using their parts or separate components;
– Inspection and testing of the mounted parts or product.
– Design of electronic devices and parts thereof, circuits, semiconductor devices and systems, and provision of consultations on these issues;
– Establishment of production or installation methods, materials and quality standards, management of production or installation of electronic products and systems;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures ensuring efficient operation and safety of electronic systems, engines and equipment;
– Preparation of detailed estimations of the amount of materials, costs and labour costs;
Design and arrangement of machinery and mechanical equipment, devices and their parts according to the provided technical specifications;
– Technical and repair control of production and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment, devices and their parts.
AB "FL Technics" Aircraft Maintenance Centre in Kaunas, Manager
Graduates of this programme, who understand basic and line maintenance of various aircrafts, engineering support and planning of technical maintenance, who provide services to the biggest modern aircrafts Boeing 747 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner at the aircraft technical maintenance centre in Kaunas have excellent prospects of international career in the engineering area.
Studies Information Group
Studentų st. 50–121, Kaunas
Phone: +370 679 44 555