KTU is the leader in computer science studies, and the graduates from BSc programme of Informatics are evaluated the best by the employers in Lithuania (Reitingai, 2017). The studies focus on technologies of programming, the internet and three-dimensional graphics. Cloud computing, contemporary fixed, mobile or wireless access networks, real world information models and processes of computerised application areas, and competences for independent establishment of online IT and multimedia services enable the graduates to be up to date with the needs in the market.Apply
Faculty of Informatics
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 4 y.|
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Computing|
Lithuania and Kaunas are called Baltic IT hub. Devbridge Group, NFQ Technologies, Barclays, Bentley systems, Intermedix, Teltonika, Virtustream, etc. have their branches for IT services development in Kaunas.
The graduates from BSc programme of Informatics are evaluated the best by the employers in Lithuania (Reitingai, 2017).
Opportunity to obtain certificates of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA™) and Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA™) along with studies.
|Analysis and Design of IT systems||Administration of Servers, IT Systems, Design and Development of IT Infrastructure||Development of Network, Cloud Computing Services, Distributed and Mobile Online Systems||Multimedia Services and Game Programming|
A student who chooses BA+ competence, acquires the knowledge and skills in an additional study field, and discovers new career prospects.
BA+ competence blocks offered in KTU Bachelor’s study programmes can be an alternative study plan for:
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the diploma supplement.
Rapid technological progress and wide application of innovations in everyday solutions determine versatility of IT area. Dynamic market of information technologies needs innovative and dynamic specialists, who are able to apply their knowledge flexibly and have a creative approach to their work.
Diploma or knowledge? – Informatics study programme does not make you choose one of the two; not only it provides a possibility to acquire Bachelor degree, it also allows to learn many interesting practical things in IT area. Lecturers, who are qualified, innovative and, most importantly, open to offers and changes, will help to join labour market and academic community. Informatics study programme is the most universal area of IT studies; it will not impede your attempts to combine work and studies, and will provide the knowledge, corresponding to current realities.
– Knowledge and skills of real world modelling – modelling of movement and deformations, particulate systems
– Knowledge of artificial intellect methods and their application areas – comprehensive knowledge of information structure, knowledge representation, neural networks
– Knowledge of business processes and their computerisation technologies, ability to develop and implement individual and team IT projects
– Knowledge of design and programming technologies for Cloud computing – comprehensive knowledge of networks, protocols, Internet, parallel algorithms, programming of the Internet services
– Knowledge of game programming technologies – knowledge of game physics, design of intellectual game agents, programming of graphics and sounds
– Able to realise modern simulation models for behaviour of physical-engineering systems based on artificial intellect;
– Able to design, install and service cloud computing platforms;
– Able to design and develop network, multimedia services, mobile or wireless Internet systems using the principles of artificial intellect and IT safety.
– Preparation, installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure for provision of cloud computing or regular IT services;
– Preparation, installation and maintenance of the Internet servers, identification and solving of servers’ safety problems;
– Management of user access to local and network resources, configuration of the main network services (IIS, WWW, FTP, emails, etc.);
– Solving of the issues of design, coordination, installation, adaptation and maintenance of IT infrastructure;
– Performance of efficiency analysis of IT infrastructure;
– Provision of proposals for development of IT infrastructure.
– Development of network and distributed applications, IT services for cloud computing;
– Development of applications for mobile devices;
– Development of agent structures for control and management of mobile and wireless Internet devices;
– Preparation and documenting of specifications for applications or IT services;
– Writing and maintenance of the code for applications or IT services according to the approved quality standards;
– Testing, review, maintenance or improvement of applications or IT services.
– Preparation of specifications for IT systems and other project documents with consideration to user’s needs;
– Preparation of testing plans for IT systems, identification and assessment of efficiency-related defects, preparation of recommendations for improvement;
– Preparation of functional technical specifications for developers of IT systems.
– Analysis and design of game’s functionality;
– Realisation of the game using specialised frameworks and programming languages;
– Design and development of game engines.
– Design and development of websites, ensuring safety of the website and its server, distribution of space and user access;
– Design and development of multimedia applications and systems.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
|High school certificate|
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
Entry exam (online)
Physics or Information Technology
IELTS, TOEFL, CEFR or equivalent
|Full-time studies||3200 €|
|Price per credit||53,33 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2595 €|
|Price per credit||43,25 €|
|Prices are being reviewed for the upcoming intake and are due to confirmation until 1st of April 2019|