This is the exceptional study programme of energy engineering which allows forming multifunctional abilities of sustainable operation, design and development of the modern equipment used for the generation and transformation of thermal energy. It teaches how to analyse and optimise thermal effects and provides opportunities to form practical skills that are necessary for the energy supply and research work.Entry requirements
Advanced studies, providing holistic understanding about the ecology of energetics, sustainable development and safety issues, based on the existing knowledge of energy engineering.
Modules provided in the study programme allow applying in-depth theoretical knowledge in the advanced energy technologies.
There are members and heads of five professional associations, scientists of the Lithuanian Energy Institute, and representatives of businesses among the lecturers of the programme.
The skills of scientific analysis, individual activity, and teamwork allow specialists to express themselves in both fields of scientific research and industrial and business areas that require in-depth creative analysis.
The opportunity to use the scientific base of the department and LEI with the participation of industrial partners, create favourable circumstances for involvement in the scientific research, design or manufacturing activities that require high qualification.
|Solutions, related to the existing and emerging problems of energy and renewable energy technologies||Analysis of energy effects and processes||Research of thermal engineering systems and their technical-economical, environmental and ethical assessment||Sustainable energy engineering|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
The postgraduates of Thermal Engineering work in 5 departments of LEI. The in-depth knowledge, research skills, and lifelong learning abilities, formed during the studies, allow postgraduates of Thermal Engineering studies to join the scientific groups of the institute, successfully participate in various national and international scientific research projects in the field of energetics, as well as prepare and defend doctoral theses.
The competitive, green, and safe energy is the future of Lithuania. In order to achieve the development in the sector of sustainable energy, the diversification of production, using not only various technologies, but also the available primary energy sources, shall be deemed the right choice. The Master studies of Thermal Engineering, which have become solid foundation for doctoral studies, allowed putting the acquired knowledge in practice in many projects of energy production, efficiency improvement, and strategic planning in Lithuania and abroad. There are no doubts that Thermal Engineering studies are the right choice of a promising, ambitious, and innovative European.
– To analyse energy systems and their elements using specialised software
– To model and simulate thermal processes, equipment and systems
– To apply modern methods for solving of energy saving and environmental problems
– Able to analyse modern thermal energy technologies and systems, and make decisions applying the analysis results
– Able to design traditional and unconventional thermal energy systems and technologies
– Able to manage thermal energy sector
– Able to organise measures for solving of energy saving and environmental problems
– Able to analyse possibilities for the use of renewable energy sources for generation of thermal energy applying thermo-economic methods
– Able to use specialised software for modelling of thermal processes
– Development and assurance of technical conditions in equipment and technologies, and safety standards;
– Analysis and design of heating and refrigeration systems, thermal devices and equipment;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures ensuring efficient operation and safety of thermal energy equipment.
– Research and design of machinery and equipment, technological systems related to thermal energy, and consultations on these issues;
– Development and establishment of control standards and procedures, ensuring efficient operation and safety of machinery, mechanisms, tools, engines, industrial devices, equipment of systems related to thermal energy.
– Performance of scientific research works, creation, development and improvement of physical measures, software and methods (in the area of thermal energy and low temperature physics);
– Assessment of the results of research and experimental works, provision of conclusions using mathematical methods and models.
– Planning, management and coordination of general operations of the company, institution or organisation;
– Establishment of the company’s, institution’s or organisation’s objectives, strategies, policies and programmes;
– Development of thermal energy and technologies.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||3737 €|
|Price per credit||62,28 €|