The Master’s degree study programme is aimed at preparation of Masters who have the basics of cyber security theory, methods and technologies, knowledge of information security management and cyber space legal regulation, are able to work independently and with due qualification in the field of ensuring cyber security – to evaluate, design and implement safe systems of information technologies and security management, solve security problems related to social engineering, plan and implement the continuation of activity and restoration of cyber systems.
Admission to the programme in Vilnius is not available for current intake.
The study programme is implemented in mixed study method by using remote teaching technologies.
The specialist of cyber security working in a company is able to initiate new and innovative solutions of information and IT security, apply theoretical methods and technologies of information security by designing computer systems, analyse and evaluate information and IT security systems, solve information security management problems, i.e. analyse and evaluate information security threats and risks, perform information security system audit and certification procedures, prepare information security policy, information security management projects, apply information security management systems, incidents and configuration control tools, identify the crimes in electronic space, collect their proof.
The graduates from this programme can work as IT security specialists, IT auditors, IT system designers, programmers, experts of cybercrime investigation, IT unit managers.
The graduates are already working in Barclays Lithuanian Centre of Technologies, SEB group service provision centre, “Callcredit Information Group” IT centre, ATEA, Intermedix Lietuva, Blue Solutions, TEO, iTo, Lithuanian Police, the Ministry of National Defence of the Republic of Lithuania.
Mixed learning technologies – AdobeConnect, Moodle, a specialized IT security laboratory with the latest hardware and software are apllied in the study process.
The students that have the Bachelor’s qualification degrees in the fields of Informatics Engineering studies, Mathematics and Computer Science or Electronics and Electricity Engineering studies are studying in the programme.
|Cyber security technologies||Cyber security management||Cybercrime investigation|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
– Design, development and installation of secure IT systems;
– Auditing of IT systems and security assessment;
– Development and application of security methods while solving the companies’ IT security problems;
– Management of companies’ and organisations’ IT security divisions.
– Able to assess, plan, design and implement secure information technology systems;
– Able to solve software security problems, as well as security problems related to social engineering;
– Able to design and implement information security management systems, plan and implement continuity of operations and recovery of computer systems.
– Research, analysis and assessment of requirements for software and operational systems;
– Research, development and improvement of computer software systems;
– Assessment, improvement, updates of software maintenance procedures for operational systems, communications environment and applications, preparation of respective documents, team management.
– Compilation and preparation of software development documents;
– Writing of software code and its maintenance according to the approved quality standards;
– Testing, review or development of software aiming to improve performance efficiency or adapt them to new requirements.
– Formulation and documenting of the systems’ principles with consideration to user’s needs;
– Preparation of the system testing plans, identification and assessment of efficiency-related defects, preparation of recommendations;
– Preparation of functional technical specifications.
– Maintenance and administration of computer network and similar computer environment;
– Provision of recommendations for improvement of system and network configurations, establishment of software requirements;
– Control of master control panels monitoring performance of computer systems and networks, and coordinating computer network access and use.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||4234 €|
|Price per credit||70,57 €|