Fashion engineering is the best choice for those who are interested in fashion and seeking technical perfection. The fashion industry needs creative and promising young specialists who are able to create, design, and implement new ideas of textile and clothing design. The graduates of this programme can easily adapt to the challenges of the global fashion market and requirements of the modern companies, as well as establish their own business.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design
|Field||Polymer and Textile Technology|
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 4 y. (Day-time)|
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Technological Sciences|
Nowadays, fashion and textile industry is in particular need of specialists who are able to combine deep knowledge of technologies and innovations with design basics.
This study programme develops critical thinking and creative solutions, related to the issues of materials and product creation, production and its realisation, as well as the ability to follow and respond to the market changes and adapt to the changing fashion industry and professional environment.
During the studies, students will be encouraged to do an internship in the best enterprises and select a promising career path. Student exchange programmes provide an opportunity to develop knowledge of speciality and skills of a foreign language, as well as acquire international practical experience.
More than 90% of graduates are employed in the field of study and they begin their professional activity during the study period. There is a lack of specialists in the field of fashion industry not only in Lithuania, but in the entire Europe.
The programme is studied by active and advanced students who are engaged in the activity of creative workshops, event organisation, participate in the scientific and practical conferences, seminars, and public fashion events.
|Design and development of new product||Characteristics of textile materials and their development||The development and production of clothing||Management of production and quality|
A student who chooses BA+ competence, acquires the knowledge and skills in an additional study field, and discovers new career prospects.
BA+ competence blocks offered in KTU Bachelor’s study programmes can be an alternative study plan for:
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the diploma supplement.
Working in the company as a designer and creating my brand “VP Code”, I highly appreciate technological knowledge and analytical thinking, acquired during the studies. I believe that in order to achieve success in the clothing industry we have to combine creativity, engineering and entrepreneurship. Having the necessary technological knowledge base, I know that I can create design successfully.
People make studies highly valuable. I was very fortunate that I met exceptionally talented, professional and, most importantly, good-natured people during the studies. It is invaluable experience. Studies are like a kind of club, where people support each other. Pursuing my professional career, I met many specialists who have graduated from the KTU. The funniest thing is that university always brings us together, helps us to communicate, and opens doors to new opportunities
It’s good to know that we are not only the social partners of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design of KTU, but also the employers who employ the graduates of Fashion Engineering every year. The newly hired graduates easily adapt in our company by making use of the opportunity to apply and improve competences acquired during the studies. The advanced thinking (i.e. the perception of processes as a whole and every process separately) helps the young people to successfully engage in the company’s activity
– Development of design and technologies for new materials, clothing and accessories, design of production processes, their organisation and management;
– Analysis and assessment of materials, product and technological processes, optimisation of process parameters;
– Identification and analysis of problems, selection of appropriate laboratory equipment and research methods for identification and assessment of the properties of textile materials and products;
– Collection, structuring, analysis of data from various sources and application of the obtained results in creation of design of textiles and clothing, selection of technologies and quality assurance.
– Able to create, visualise and technically implement competitive clothing of good quality and high added value;
– Able to apply specialised software in designing of products, their technologies and production processes;
– Able to create and design new classic and functional textiles, select advanced production and finishing technologies;
– Able to apply specialised software in creation of structure and design of textiles;
– Able to organise and manage technological processes of textile production, solve production and realisation issues in creation of materials.
– Development of design concepts for clothing and textiles according to the product’s characteristics and purpose;
– Combining of aesthetic aspects and technical, functional, ecological and production requirements;
– Discussion of design concepts, selection of functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and decoration, precise definition and recommendations for production.
– Quality control in products and processes; consultations on new production methods, ways and equipment;
– Optimisation and coordination of technological processes, supervision, assessment of costs of technological operations;
– Improvement and control of compliance with requirements of quality and environmental management systems in the production process.
– Monitoring and analysis of market and market needs;
– Product development, monitoring of cooperation activities;
– Organisation of negotiations regarding purchased / sold goods, prices of services, organisation and development of orders.
– Supervision of equipment acquisition and installation, coordination of implementation of health and safety requirements, management;
– Preparation and control of production performance data, commercial offers and reports, preparation and management of budget;
– Detailed planning of activities, supervision of employee recruitment, training and activities.
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2951 €|
|Price per credit||49,18 €|