According to recommendations of the World’s computing association ACM, this study programme integrates knowledge and skills’ development in computer science and software systems field. The students studying Software Systems acquire professional knowledge on new programming languages and carcases, on optimising algorithms, on effective data structure and data bases. The application of designing tools and UML models, testing of different programs and static analysis will provide the students with necessary technical skills, and the project development in Agile method, which is perfect for managing software projects aiming to meet client’s needs and assure the software systems quality, will help students develop their teamwork skills. Programming of real distributed systems – parallel architectures, designing of web services and cloud computing systems will allow to gain the designing solution skills in different areas.
Faculty of Informatics
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 4 y. (Day-time)|
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Computing|
International software companies such as Devbridge Group, NFQ, Nortal, have their own training laboratories at the university, and representatives of these companies are involved in the study process. In addition to regular studies, there is a possibility to get free practical skills in thematic training and joint projects organized by these companies.
The study program is the largest in Lithuania, so here you will find many like-minded people. You will be able to create your own team, run your own projects, get free premises, hardware and support for your business. If you are interested in the latest research achievements, there is an opportunity to join research teams and carry out interesting projects using the latest technical equipment of the faculty.
If you are looking for challenges, there is an opportunity to join a team of collegiate programing. You will prepare and participate in the training sessions, go to the programming camps, participate in The International Collegiate Programming Contest (ACM ICPC). Our students entered the history of Lithuania, winning 25th in the world in the championship.
An active students’ union at the Faculty of Informatics together with partners organizes large-scale events, such as Infoshow, LanParty, GameJam, CodeJam, etc., every year. Take part and contribute to events that have become a part of the history of the faculty.
According to the statistical data of 2017, salaries of software developers remain among the highest in Lithuania. At the end of the bachelor studies, more than 80% of students work in the field.
A student who chooses BA+ competence, acquires the knowledge and skills in an additional study field, and discovers new career prospects.
BA+ competence blocks offered in KTU Bachelor’s study programmes can be an alternative study plan for:
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the diploma supplement.
“Most of the Devbridge Group programmers have graduated or are still studying in this program. In recent years, we have been watching a growing number of students and noticing their technical knowledge becoming deeper. Due to the high level of the study program, the modern approach of the university and the ability to attract social partners, the skills necessary for the labor market are formed for the students. That is the most important issue that our clients - high quality-oriented US companies - value.
"Studies at the Department of Software Engineering at KTU Faculty of Informatics attract the most talented IT students from all Lithuania. Therefore, when studying in the first courses, you can find a lot of like-minded people and join them in different faculty projects or participate in international competitions. It was these acquaintances, the knowledge gained, the practical experience and the support from the faculty that led me to to establish a game development company during my studies."
– Programming. Individual creation, maintenance and development of modern software systems using appropriate programming measures. Knowledge of functional, logical, object-oriented and parallel programming languages.
– Quality assurance. Development of software systems choosing and using appropriate process models, technologies and programming environments. Knowledge of software adjustment, testing and quality assessment processes and methods.
– Design of systems. Specification of software systems, their components, user interfaces and databases, and design of architecture. Knowledge of effective methods, measures and technologies for analysis, specification, design and simulation.
– Planning, project management. Individual planning and management of software systems projects, efficient individual and team work, effective communication with colleagues and customers. Knowledge of project management principles, measures and technologies, management models and methods.
– To freely program in modern programming languages in various programming environments while developing new software systems and performing maintenance of available ones;
– To analyse, compose and realise operational algorithms for software choosing appropriate data structures;
– To analyse the need for software systems and specify requirements for software;
– To design architecture of software and its individual components choosing appropriate design models;
– To perform adjustment of software, test software system assessing its quality;
– To plan and implement software systems development projects applying project management principles, measures and technologies, documentation;
– To implement software systems, efficiently working individually and in the team, effectively communicating with colleagues and customers.
– Formulation and documenting of the systems’ principles with consideration to user’s needs;
– Identification and assessment of efficiency-related defects, preparation of recommendations
– Preparation, approval and implementation of system testing plans.
– Design of computer code, analysis and design of websites;
– Design and development of digital animation, photographs, games, audio and video clips, Internet applications;
– Maintenance of communication with network specialists for control and assurance of safety of the Internet and web server, distribution of space and user access.
– Research, analysis and assessment of requirements for software and operational systems;
– Research, development and improvement of computer software systems;
– Assessment, improvement, updates of software maintenance procedures for operational systems, communications environment and applications, preparation of respective documents, team management;
– Compilation and preparation of software development documents;
– Writing and maintenance of software code according to the approved quality standards;
– Testing, review or development of software aiming to improve performance efficiency or adapt them to new requirements.
– Maintenance and administration of computer network and similar computer environment;
– Provision of recommendations for improvement of system and network configurations, establishment of software requirements;
– Control of master control panels monitoring performance of computer systems and networks, and coordinating computer network access and use.
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2951 €|
|Price per credit||49,18 €|