Speed, safety, ecology, comfort, economy, and other properties in the transport are conditioned by electronics. Modern transport – from vehicle to complex intelligent metropolitan transport control system – cannot be imagined without electronics.Entry requirements
The study programme provides basic electronics engineering knowledge and specific knowledge related to transport electronics.
Skills of design and use of vehicle and electric car electronic systems, transport traffic management and vehicle parking systems, knowledge of transport sensors, controllers, energy sources, skills of work with testing and diagnostics means.
After the completion of studies, it is possible to work as an expert, engineer, project manager, specialist of organisation and management of transport technologies, technical maintenance, and service specialist, participate in the projects of development and modernisation of transport means and systems. The graduates from the transport electronics find jobs in “Accel Elektronika”, “Robert Bosch”, Lithuanian Railways, “Kautra”, “Aviabaltika”, “Kauno autobusai”, “Arevita”, and other companies.
The laboratory equipment of German producer “LD Didactic” is used in the process of studies.
Students’ good motivation conditions creativeness and environment oriented to academic results helping to assimilate necessary skills and knowledge.
|Design of electronic systems used in transport sector||Skills of practical work with electronic equipment used in transport||Use of transport electronics||Knowledge of the latest technologies|
Note: The duration of the part-time studies is 6 years.
A student who chooses BA+ competence, acquires the knowledge and skills in an additional study field, and discovers new career prospects.
BA+ competence blocks offered in KTU Bachelor’s study programmes can be an alternative study plan for:
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the diploma supplement.
By designing and producing various components used in motor transport, composite parts of electronic systems, we have noticed a lack of specialists of this field having deeper knowledge in the field of automotive electronics. Innovative programme of Transport Electronics studies fills the potential gaps in the preparation of the specialists of this field.
During my studies I understood how important the acquired skills in the field of transport electronics are and this provided me with an opportunity to improve and realise my idea by turning it into business. I am grateful to all my course colleagues and professors who provided me with necessary knowledge.
– Identification and formulation of the electronics and transportation engineering problems, selection and implementation of the most suitable solution methods;
– Knowledge and application of general methods for design, construction and production of transportation electronics systems, knowledge of technical measures and their control methods, and quality assurance principles;
– Planning, design and performance of practical research and experiments in the field of transportation electronics, selection of research equipment;
– Application of knowledge in performance of required experimental research, data assessment and making conclusions;
– Application of methods of individual and mutual professional team work;
– Application of theoretical and practical skills in solving of the engineering problems of transportation electronics.
– To ensure a timely operation of electronic systems, subsystems and units in transportation;
– To identify activities, establish procedures, ensure optimal process organisation and management;
– To assess standards of technical maintenance and exploitation, and parameters’ compliance with standards, to provide recommendations;
– To design electronic systems, subsystems and units in transportation.
– To ensure a timely operation of electronic systems, subsystems and units in transportation.
– Identification of activities, establishment of procedure, optimal process organisation and management.
– Assessment of standards of technical maintenance and exploitation, insurance of performance of procedures, assessment of parameter’s compliance with standards and recommendations.
– Designing of electronic systems, subsystems and units in transportation, provision of consultations on these issues.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
|High school certificate|
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
|Full-time studies||3200 €|
|Price per credit||53,33 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||2595 €|
|Part-time studies||1730 €|
|Price per credit||43,25 €|