Before long, the world will have to deal with the inevitable problem of fossil fuel shortage, which will force us to look for alternative solutions for transporting people and goods. Transport researchers and government agencies need to address the growing negative impacts of the transport system on humans and the environment, and new knowledge from transport engineers is particularly needed.
On this KTU MSc Vehicle Engineering programme, you will acquire new knowledge and competencies necessary to meet the challenges of the contemporary transport industry. The curriculum of the programme was designed to educate you on the methodology for the development of green vehicles, that can be equipped with hybrid powertrains or running on alternative fuels, and exploration of scientific engineering solutions for improved performance of powertrains.
As a qualified vehicle engineering professional, you will significantly contribute to safe and sustainable transport and logistics system of the future.
Updated labs of Transportation and Mechatronic Systems, Aerodynamics equipped with a wind tunnel, DL, TRITOP technologies and VISSIM and VISUM software are open for student research projects
You will use state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies and design environments, such as CATIA, ADAMS
This is an MA+ study programme, which means that while studying, you will have the possibility to acquire individually chosen competences or select the career an expert path
Engineering, Technology, Mathematics, Informatics or Physical Sciences study field degree.
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or previously completed studies in english language.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
First component of the competition score
Average as(CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
Second component of the competition score
Motivation letter and online interview
Additional component for the competition score:
Additional points can be added to the competition score for the following activities:
science activities (scientific publications, presentations at scientific conferences, participation in exhibitions, work in student science society or science group etc.) or art activities (publication or realization of artwork, participation in art exhibitions, contests of architecture) (up to 2 points);
at least 1 year work experience in the field of study programme (0,5 points);
partial studies in the higher education institution abroad with ≥24 ECTS completed (0,5 points);
graduated from academic talent development program in higher education institution (for example “GIFTed talent academy”) (0,5 points);
bachelor’s or master’s (if integrated study programme is completed) degree diploma with honors (0,5 points).
Points from the same criteria are only added once. Points from different criteria are added up. The maximum score from additional points criteria can be no higher than 4.
The indicated tuition fee is applied to 2024-2025 academic year.
Price per credit
Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens
Price per credit
Partial tuition fee waiver can be applied for the study price.
Research – systems, models, forecasting
Vehicles – dynamics, reliability, safety
Technologies – alternative fuel, hybrid power units, ITS
Sustainable transport – advanced, ecological, integrated
Expertise in links between aspects and technological solutions in project management and business transport sector and their economic outcomes
Planning and implementation of analytical, modelling and experimental research in vehicles, systems and technological processes
Development and application of vehicle- or system-specific models
Improvement and design of vehicles, process equipment and systems
Well equipped laboratories with latest software
Studies and research are carried out in modern laboratories of Transportation and Mechatronic Systems, Aerodynamics: wind tunnel, using DL, TRITOP equipment, and VISSIM and VISUM software.
During studies using modern technologies
Application of the state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies and design environments – CATIA, ADAMS, etc. – employed by international companies working in the industry of development of vehicles.
Master+ model offers either a masterpiece in the specialisation or strengthens managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing individual set of competencies required for career.
– Knowledge of project management and business aspects in the transportation industry, and links between technological solutions and their economic effects
– Analytical thinking
– Planning and realisation of the research for modelling and experimental vehicles, systems, and technological processes
– Development and application of models
– Improvement and design of vehicles and technological equipment
– Openness to experience
– Management of critical situations
– Able to design equipment
– Able to apply relevant methods and technologies
– Able to develop, and improve vehicles and their systems
– Able to modernize equipment
– Able to create merger models for vehicles and transportation systems
– Able to perform research and synthesis of models
– Research and development of vehicles and other processes of mechanical systems, systems, and their parts
– Assessment and analysis of vehicle systems and products in terms of direct use and lifecycle analysis
– Development of ecological vehicles with hybrid power stations, alternative fuel, and increase of the efficiency of power plants
– Design and testing of vehicles and other mechanical systems
– Design of suspension systems, modernisation and development of engine processes
– Design of body templates for virtual research and testing of impact
– Assessment of transportation systems’ braking, stability, and transportation safety systems
– Analysis and development of new technologies for vehicle dynamics, and traffic safety in terms of technical and social aspects, taking into consideration sustainable society technologies and economic aspect
– Operation of methodology for the development of the models adequate for the transportation system in the process of development and introduction of methodologies, algorithms, and software enabling a simpler, faster, and more reliable modelling of interactions of transportation infrastructure, vehicles, and traffic flows
– Development and creation of safe and sustainable transportation and logistics systems
– Is provided the foundation for the management of technological processes and knowledge of production at various levels
– Provided knowledge and competencies required for the development of sustainable and mobile technologies corresponding to the industry’s needs
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Field Expert (profound knowledge and skills in the area, required for solution of scientific research tasks);
(fields of different knowledge and skills are combined for solution of specific tasks);
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
KTU.EDU website uses three main types of cookies. If you continue browsing, you accept the necessary cookies. You can also agree to the use of other cookies. Read more
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.