– Is competent to apply, knows and understand the main physical and chemical phenomena, their concepts, fundamentals of engineering, electrotechnics and electronics, as well as theoretical mechanics, numerical methods, mathematical concepts and principles, understands problems of application of mathematical methods.
– Has learned the main modern methods of physical and chemical analysis applied in materials science and nanotechnologies.
– Is competent to apply modern micro and nano technologies and instruments, functional (optical, electrical, magnetic) materials used, micro and nano structures, and their development, production, application and quality assessment / or biomaterials, their technologies, human’s physiological systems, biomedical and ultrasonic systems, devices and their development, production, application and quality assessment (respectively, according to the chosen speciality).
Is competent to apply technologies of modern engineering materials and their physical principles, micro and nano technologies, for search and development of new materials and structures following the established requirements, has work experience with technological and material analysis equipment.
– Is competent to critically assess information, results of his/her activities, professional innovations, participate in discussion and improve his/her activities, present and transfer knowledge and understanding of studies and chosen activities to specialists and non-specialists.
– Able to combine theoretical and applied knowledge while solving technological problems, forecast, select or develop materials with optimal properties for various engineering purposes, select and adapt appropriate technological methods for modelling, analysis in solving of engineering problems.
– Able to apply analytical, mathematical and other methods for modelling and forecast of material properties.
– Able to learn material analysis methods, select required technological and material analysis equipment, work with modern technological and material analysis equipment, analyse and interpret analysis results, apply standard research methods.
– Able to use information technologies and basic software, apply and use numerical computer methods for solving of specific problems of materials science and nano technologies.
– Able to work in interdisciplinary team, generate new ideas, can acquire deeper understanding of provided arguments, able to organise professional activities, plan time and resources, knows project management and business aspects.