The programme is created at the junction of science and industry in cooperation with the largest chemistry companies in Lithuania: AB Achema (specialises in the production of fertilisers) and AB ORLEN Lietuva (the largest oil refinery in the Baltics) to educate qualified technologists. Special focus is laid on the design of products and processes, management of technological systems, understanding of processes and equipment of chemical technology. Practical skills are acquired using one of the most advanced in the EU chemical engineering laboratory and analytical equipment.
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.Apply
Faculty of Chemical Technology
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y.|
|Degree awarded||Master of Engineering Sciences|
Ranked No. 1 in Lithuania among all the programmes in chemical engineering by the opinion of employers, students and international experts (Reitingai, 2016).
KTU research group led by prof. R. Šiaučiūnas and prof. K. Baltakys is internationally famous for research in materials science.
Students practice process management in one of the most modern and largest Chemical Engineering laboratories in the EU.
|Engineering Sciences||Technologies||Research Sciences||Economic and Social|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
|Management||Language Studies (English)|
|Language Studies (French)||Language Studies (German)|
|Language Studies (Italian)||Language Studies (Lithuania)|
|Language Studies (Russian)||Language Studies (Spanish)|
|Language Studies (Swedish)||Project Management|
|Business Process and Supply Chain Management||Nanotechnology Engineering|
|Control Technologies||Data Security|
During studies I started cooperation with industrial companies with the help of my lecturers. Even before graduation I already had many job offers. During studies I acquired a very wide range of technical knowledge, which I can use for development of new products, as well as introduction of new technologies in production. The company is constantly looking for the employees with higher education in chemical engineering.
A big part of the employees of AB "Achema", both amongst the managers and people working with complex equipment and technological processes, are graduates of KTU Faculty of Chemical Technology, who have required qualification and education. Company, which wants to remain competitive, needs specialists with a wide education in chemistry and engineering areas, who are able to analyse processes and apply modern technologies. Company's managers of functional departments are required to have systematic thinking, ability to formulate and solve the issues not only of their particular area, but of all branch of industry, to offer new solutions based on fundamentals of economics. "Achema" is actively involved in updating of study programmes and supports new research of chemical science, which enables renovation of present technologies. Company strongly encourages its employees to acquire higher education and continue studies in Chemical Engineering Master programme.
– Application of knowledge of industrial processes and identification of characterising indicators;
– Product and process quality assessment and modelling;
– Development and management of innovative products and processes, knowledge of governing documents.
– Establishment and assurance of production methods, materials, quality and control standards according to the technical specifications;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures ensuring the procedure of chemical production, its effectiveness and safety of employees;
– Testing of the process of laboratory tests of new production stages and its performance.
– Performance of chemical research works, development or improvement of concepts, measures, theories and methods;
– Performance of experimental works, tests and analysis;
– Participation in the interdisciplinary scientific research and development projects in cooperation with specialists of various areas.
– Preparation of technical specifications for production and planning of systems layout;
– Management of maintenance of production buildings and equipment, and new projects according to the engineering principles and safety regulations;
– Consultations on new production methods, techniques and equipment.
– Installation, calibration, control and maintenance of laboratory devices and equipment;
– Collection, storage, classification and cataloguing of specimen and samples, and their preparation for experiments;
– Monitoring of tests, analysis of their results, performance of calculations, registration and preparation of reports applying appropriate scientific methods.
– Identification of deposits of materials for mining and planning of mining;
– Identification of the most suitable methods of efficient mining and types of used equipment;
– Planning of the primary water, oil or gas storage, processing and supply and process management.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||4000 €|
|Price per credit||66,67 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||3284 €|
|Price per credit||54,73 €|
|Prices are being reviewed for the upcoming intake and are due to confirmation until 1st of April 2019|