Environmental Engineering Master’s degree combines technological, analytical and management aspects of the environmental protection. Acquired knowledge and skills of environment quality assessment, application of modern environmental technologies and formed systematic approach provides the graduates with excellent opportunities of finding their place in the contemporary labour market. The programme was updated implementing the project funded by the EU structural funds, which increased its internationality.
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.Apply
Faculty of Chemical Technology
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y.|
|Degree awarded||Master of Engineering Sciences|
Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing individual set of competencies required for career.
Close partnership with European Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology (WETSUS), Jurby Water Tech, Regional Waste Management Centers.
Department’s researchers investigate application of advanced plasma, nano- and biotechnologies in environmental engineering.
|Understanding of Advanced Environmental technologies and Pollution Prevention||Knowledge and Analytical Skills of Environment Quality Assessment||Organisation and Implementation of Environmental Projects||Assessment and Modelling of Environmental Systems and Technologies|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
|Management||Communication and Teamwork|
|Language Studies (English)||Language Studies (French)|
|Language Studies (German)||Language Studies (Italian)|
|Language Studies (Lithuania)||Language Studies (Russian)|
|Language Studies (Spanish)||Language Studies (Swedish)|
|Project Management||Business Process and Supply Chain Management|
|Data Analytics||Control Technologies|
|City Management||Data Security|
The knowledge, acquired during environmental engineering studies, is useful all the time, whether they are in the area of ambient air, waste or waste water treatment technologies. Environmental protection is a very wide area and environment components are closely related – when one of them is impacted, some form of this impact is also transferred to another one. Therefore systematic approach is important for assessment of reasons, consequences, possible technological solutions and required legal regulation of environmental pollution.
– Assessment of risks and impact to environment and human health, preparation of prevention plan and management measures in accordance with sustainable development principles and the EU and Lithuanian legislation;
– Implementation of sustainable development principles, knowledge of pollution prevention, environmental economy and governing documents;
– Formulation of research conclusions based on structured environmental research results and statistical analysis of parametric and spatial data.
– Able to select technological and organisational measures for management of climate change;
– Able to analyse and assess development trends in environmental biotechnologies;
– Able to develop digital models for environmental quality and technological pollution cleaning processes, model technological systems for environment and environmental protection;
– Able to initiate technological business and develop a concept of technological business, its development model based on the assessment of technological business’ idea in the market.
– Analysis of the company’s activities, preparation and implementation of sustainable development strategy
– Identification of sustainable development indicators and monitoring of implementation
– Communication of strategy at the company, among its customers and partners
– Performance of scientific research and preparation of recommendations for reduction of environmental impact
– Forecast of potential environmental impact and provision of insights on legal environment
– Consultations in the process of development of new eco-tech businesses
– Application of sustainability assessment methods and measures (lifecycle assessment, analysis of materials flow, etc.) for reduction of the environmental impact of technologies
– Development and application of technologies for quality control and management in various environmental media
– Development of resource recovery technologies and process management
– Assessment of environmental impact of human activities, preparation of plans and programmes for environmental protection and restoration
– Environmental quality assessment, preparation of research programmes;
– Assurance of the company’s compliance with environmental requirements, application of principles of pollution prevention and circular economy
– Analysis of good practice, preparation of recommendations of environmental policy
– Enforcement of legislation
– Initiation and implementation of environmental programmes and projects
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||4300 €|
|Price per credit||71,67 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||3737 €|
|Price per credit||62,28 €|