Acquired competences and knowledge enables the Masters of the programme to establish new companies providing electrical power services, implement strategic energy projects, perform research, design, production technological work at supply, management, planning and strategic departments of the companies of electrical engineering and other industrial areas, design new energy facilities at design organisations, scientific research institutes and laboratories.
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Head of Study Programme
Assoc. Dr. Roma Račkienė
Studentų St. 48-238, Kaunas
Module of the study programme by semesters
Systems – electrical power systems, structure of the systems, system management, information systems in energy, system modelling, system analysis, reliability and quality of the systems, cybersecurity of energy systems
Electrical power – generation, transfer, distribution, use
Processes and phenomena – transition processes, energy transformation, electromagnetic fields
Elements – energy converters, renewable energy sources, transmission network facilities, distribution network facilities, relay protection, lighting equipment
Design of Energy Facilities and Equipment
Installation and Maintenance of Equipment
Design, Installation and Operation of Energy Converters
Strong area of research
Strong engagement in research in the fields of sustainable environment of ergonomic systems, micro-networks and intelligent electrical power systems, energy transducers, etc.
Close collaboration with industrial partners
Outstanding links with local electrical power industry (Litgrid, Lietuvos energija, ESO) for cooperative placement, collaborative research and employment.
Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing individual set of competencies required for career.
– Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative principles of operating modes, organisation and management of energy systems;
– Analysis of new and sustainable principles of electricity generation, transmission and distribution technologies and assessment of the possibilities of their use;
– Identification and assessment of energy problems, provision of solutions;
– Design and management of energy systems, efficient use of renewable energy sources for generation, transmission and use of electricity and thermal energy.
– Able to plan and manage energy economy of distribution networks and companies, design and operate electricity and thermal energy supply systems and solve financial tasks;
– Able to make engineering decisions assessed in terms of ethics, social norms, environmental protection and safety;
– Able to manage various technological processes and technical systems of energy system.
– Design of electrical installation and circuits, preparation of drawings according to the provided list of technical specifications;
– Preparation of detailed estimations of the amount of materials, costs and labour costs required for production and installation according to the provided list of technical specifications;
– Technical control of production, installation, use, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment, planning of installation methods, inspection of safety and control of the installed equipment, equipment’s initial start-up.
– Design of electronic devices and parts thereof, circuits, semiconductor devices and systems, and provision of consultations on these issues;
– Establishment of production or installation methods, materials and quality standards, management of production or installation of electronic products and systems;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures ensuring efficient operation and safety of electronic systems, engines and equipment.
– Supervision, control and monitoring of electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems;
– Design of electric engines, electric traction and other equipment or electrical household appliances systems and consultations on these issues;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures for monitoring of operation and safety of electricity generation and transmission systems, engines and equipment.
– Design of superstructures and propulsion systems, mechanical devices and equipment for discharge, control and disposal of energy;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures, ensuring efficient operation and safety of machinery, mechanisms, tools, engines, industrial devices, equipment of systems;
– Insurance of equipment’s’ compliance with technical specifications and safety standards.
– Mounting, regulation and repair of parts of various electrical equipment;
– Installation, testing, commissioning, technical maintenance and repair of electrical equipment, installation and control systems;
– Design, installation, technical maintenance and repair of electrical and hydraulic lifts for the transport of persons and goods, escalators, moving walks and other lifting equipment.
– Management and control of electricity generation systems and equipment;
– Timely registration of diagrams, readings of meters, trouble shooting, repair of defects;
– Registration of power plant’s data and preparation of reports, assessment of equipment’s operation.
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Field Expert (profound knowledge and skills in the area, required for solution of scientific research tasks);
(fields of different knowledge and skills are combined for solution of specific tasks);
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
Head of Study Programme
Assoc. Dr. Roma Račkienė
Studentų St. 48-238, Kaunas
Manage Cookie Consent
KTU.EDU website uses three main types of cookies. If you continue browsing, you accept the necessary cookies. You can also agree to the use of other cookies. Read more
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.