Acquired competences and knowledge enables the Masters of the programme to establish new companies providing electrical power services, implement strategic energy projects, perform research, design, production technological work at supply, management, planning and strategic departments of the companies of electrical engineering and other industrial areas, design new energy facilities at design organisations, scientific research institutes and laboratories.
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.Apply
Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y.|
|Degree awarded||Master of Engineering Sciences|
Strong engagement in research in the fields of sustainable environment of ergonomic systems, micro-networks and intelligent electrical power systems, energy transducers, etc.
Outstanding links with local electrical power industry (Litgrid, Lietuvos energija, ESO) for cooperative placement, collaborative research and employment.
Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing individual set of competencies required for career.
|System Management||Design of Energy Facilities and Equipment||Installation and Maintenance of Equipment||Design, Installation and Operation of Energy Converters|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
|Management||Communication and Teamwork|
|Language Studies (English)||Language Studies (French)|
|Language Studies (German)||Language Studies (Italian)|
|Language Studies (Lithuania)||Language Studies (Russian)|
|Language Studies (Spanish)||Language Studies (Swedish)|
|Project Management||Business Process and Supply Chain Management|
|Leadership for Sustainable Development||Data Analytics|
|Nanotechnology Engineering||Control Technologies|
|City Management||Data Security|
– Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative principles of operating modes, organisation and management of energy systems;
– Analysis of new and sustainable principles of electricity generation, transmission and distribution technologies and assessment of the possibilities of their use;
– Identification and assessment of energy problems, provision of solutions;
– Design and management of energy systems, efficient use of renewable energy sources for generation, transmission and use of electricity and thermal energy.
– Able to plan and manage energy economy of distribution networks and companies, design and operate electricity and thermal energy supply systems and solve financial tasks;
– Able to make engineering decisions assessed in terms of ethics, social norms, environmental protection and safety;
– Able to manage various technological processes and technical systems of energy system.
– Design of electrical installation and circuits, preparation of drawings according to the provided list of technical specifications;
– Preparation of detailed estimations of the amount of materials, costs and labour costs required for production and installation according to the provided list of technical specifications;
– Technical control of production, installation, use, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment, planning of installation methods, inspection of safety and control of the installed equipment, equipment’s initial start-up.
– Design of electronic devices and parts thereof, circuits, semiconductor devices and systems, and provision of consultations on these issues;
– Establishment of production or installation methods, materials and quality standards, management of production or installation of electronic products and systems;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures ensuring efficient operation and safety of electronic systems, engines and equipment.
– Supervision, control and monitoring of electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems;
– Design of electric engines, electric traction and other equipment or electrical household appliances systems and consultations on these issues;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures for monitoring of operation and safety of electricity generation and transmission systems, engines and equipment.
– Design of superstructures and propulsion systems, mechanical devices and equipment for discharge, control and disposal of energy;
– Establishment of control standards and procedures, ensuring efficient operation and safety of machinery, mechanisms, tools, engines, industrial devices, equipment of systems;
– Insurance of equipment’s’ compliance with technical specifications and safety standards.
– Mounting, regulation and repair of parts of various electrical equipment;
– Installation, testing, commissioning, technical maintenance and repair of electrical equipment, installation and control systems;
– Design, installation, technical maintenance and repair of electrical and hydraulic lifts for the transport of persons and goods, escalators, moving walks and other lifting equipment.
– Management and control of electricity generation systems and equipment;
– Timely registration of diagrams, readings of meters, trouble shooting, repair of defects;
– Registration of power plant’s data and preparation of reports, assessment of equipment’s operation.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||4000 €|
|Price per credit||66,67 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||3284 €|
|Price per credit||54,73 €|
|Prices are being reviewed for the upcoming intake and are due to confirmation until 1st of April 2019|