Programme is dedicated for ambitious young engineers who are seeking to acquire knowledge of management of engineering operations, to understand multidisciplinary context of engineering activities and production, to be able to assess, analyse, design and manage production technologies and processes, solve undefined production issues, apply methods of mathematical modelling, analysis and design, manage activities of the team of specialists. Multi-disciplinary approach enables specialists to respond efficiently to changes in the industrial environment.Apply
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design
|Field||Production and Manufacturing Engineering|
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y. (Evening-time)|
|Degree awarded||Master of Engineering Sciences|
Launched under BALTECH consortium in 1997, the programme incorporates the best practices and excellence in the field, and offers multiple options for academic exchange.
Multicultural class develops a global approach, provides knowledge of various markets and business models, as well as creates global connections for the future career.
Strong emphasis on problem-solving skills and critical technological thinking making graduates highly desirable in the labour market.
|Understanding of Production Processes||Organisation of Production||Company and Production Management||Quality Assurance|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
Industrial Engineering and Management was good programme for me and it really helped to understand more about efficiency, finance, quality. I chose this programme because I wanted to see management side of production and the background of it. The study gave me the vision of seeing the big picture of process: it is important to think not only about productions, but also see other things like marketing, finance, investment, capital, research and etc. Studies helped me to get to know all these things very well, and in my work place I was able to talk in the “same language” with many departments. Now I am working in one of the biggest chemical company in Turkey as a management trainee. Knowing management helped me to reach higher position easier and I was more confident about myself.
After graduation from Master’s degree Industrial Engineering and Management studies at Kaunas University of Technology, my search for job was short. KTU diploma distinguished my CV from many other applicants, while knowledge and acquired competences helped finding a desired job.
Graduates of this programme have systematic approach to management of engineering situations and critical technological thinking. Those, who completed this programme, are able to use their knowledge in various areas of production and business. Graduates of this programme easily adapt in different profile companies and are able to perform an integrated assessment of identified problem areas.
– To solve new production engineering problems, plan their solution strategy, apply new problem solving methods
– To develop new product and methods for design of products and production processes
– To plan and conduct analytical, modelling and experimental research of production engineering problems
– To process and interpret the data of experiments, analytical research or practical production situations, provide conclusions and recommendations
– Able to integrate knowledge of various industrial engineering areas, broad world view and manage difficult situations
– Able to conceptualise engineering systems and production engineering processes aiming to create additional value
– Able to assess the content of engineering solutions in terms of ethics, social, economic aspects, human health and safety, to comply with the rules of professional ethics
– Able to work efficiently both, individually and as a member of interdisciplinary team
– Initiation of engineering projects;
– Coordination of implementation of engineering projects, preparation of documents and monitoring of project implementation processes;
– Forming of the group of engineering project, formulation of the task.
– Organisation of the work of subordinate personnel;
– Assurance of production quality, timely performance of orders and production tasks;
– Production planning and control of plan implementation, control of production indicators, preparation, management and supervision of documentation.
– Control and improvement of the quality of production processes for quality assurance in products;
– Organisation, supervision, control of the work of employees of production divisions;
– Maintenance of quality management system, its constant improvement and updates, management of all documents related to process and product quality.
– Development of the company’s operational strategy;
– Management of the organisation;
– Making and implementation of production development policy.
– Performance of scientific research works with appropriate application of theoretical models, experimental/laboratory equipment and machinery, and announcement of the results;
– Implementation of experimental development projects and dissemination of results;
– Participation in expert, educational activities, preparation of specialists.
|University bachelor degree certificate|
Technology or Physical study field degree
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or previously completed studies in english language.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||4300 €|
|Price per credit||71,67 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||4234 €|
|Price per credit||70,57 €|