This is fundamental and classical programme , but together the programme integrates the latest scientific and technological achievements and focuses on the development of high level competencies:
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 2 y.|
|Degree awarded||Master of Engineering Sciences|
Studies and research are carried out in modern laboratories of Measurements Actuators, Robotics, Biomechatronics, Dynamics, Piezomechanics, Holography and Optical Measurements, 3D Prototyping, Materials Static Testing.
Faculty closely works with many international and local industrial partners: Festo, Hi-Steel, Mars Lietuva, Baltec CNC Technologies, etc.
Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing individual set of competencies required for career.
|Engineering analysis and basics research||Engineering systems||Product development||Quality Assurance|
Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
|Management||Language Studies (English)|
|Language Studies (French)||Language Studies (German)|
|Language Studies (Italian)||Language Studies (Lithuania)|
|Language Studies (Russian)||Language Studies (Spanish)|
|Language Studies (Swedish)||Project Management|
|Leadership for Sustainable Development||Control Technologies|
|Real Estate Appraisal||Data Security|
I have defended my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Mechanical Engineering with the highest evaluations. I am able to critically assess, analyse, design and optimize mechanical systems, conceptualize and solve the issues that are uncertain or not clearly defined. Based on the knowledge of mechanics and other areas, I am able to manage the team of the engineers of various areas and levels.
My achievements are facilitated by the University's focus on fundamental knowledge of mechanical engineering, which enables creation of solid basis of professional knowledge for the future career. Taking into consideration the fact that I managed to combine studies and work during my Master's studies, that basis of fundamental mechanics intertwined with the real practice at work and was strengthened furthermore.
While studying the design of mechanical systems and working as a constructor, I completely acquired engineering analysis, optimization and modelling of mechanical systems, and other activities. It is reflected in my Master's thesis. This thesis was related to my practical activities, as it solved the issues of the company's construction department by development of automated design system. While solving these issues, consultations of the lecturers were available all the time, both during the lectures, under agreement after work, and by email when facing small issues.
Now, when I work as Chief Constructor and manage the team of constructors, the knowledge acquired at the university, helps me solve unexpected problems, make suitable decisions, create mechanical systems, establish company's internal principal rules for design and be sufficiently competent for selection of future members of the team.
Therefore, I can only say positive things about this study programme: besides the acquired knowledge, Mechanical Engineering programme also helps personal development: it develops responsibility, accuracy and wish to improve.
The main area of company’s activities – design and production of non-standard industrial furnaces and dryers.
Artūras Juškevičius, a graduate of Master degree Mechanical Engineering study programme, works as the company‘s production manager. He is responsible for design of new products, distribution of production assignments among the employees, development of new production processes and improvement of working environment.
Acquired knowledge of engineering design and analysis allows creating high quality products with higher added value. Artūras is able to perform experiments related to distribution of temperature and air flow, i.e., measure, process and analyse the data, and provide the obtained results in clear and easily understandable manner. Aiming to create more advanced products, he applies finite element method while performing computer-aided analysis of air flows. Artūras, who has knowledge of design and production technologies, is able to create a systematic environment, which improves both the working environment and product quality. He has knowledge of various disciplines and analytical skills and is able to generate ideas.
– To coordinate the activities of the teams of facilities management specialists in various companies (operating in the fields from production to designing);
– To know production processes and control possibilities and tools of engineering analysis (CAD/CAE);
– To analyse problematic areas of facilities management and adapt modern modelling software for increase of efficiency of processes;
– To design and implement development of the systems or subsystems of mechanical nature in the integral engineering systems using modern research and technological equipment and engineering analysis tools.
– Able to model the systems of strength of structures, contact, thermal conductivity and flow of liquids, assessing their dynamic properties, functional and reliability level of their components;
– Able to design and realise the processes of designing – product development using advanced competences of engineering activities;
– Able to realise modern algorithms and algorithms based on computer modelling software for facilities management.
– Planning, management and coordination of general operations of the company, institution or organisation
– Review of activities and results of the company, institution or organisation, submission of reports to the board of directors and governing bodies
– Establishment of the company’s, institution’s or organisation’s objectives, strategies, policies and programmes
– General leading and management of the company, institution or organisation
– Planning of scientific research and development programmes of the entire company or organisation identifying objectives and budgetary needs
– Supervision and management of performance of employees responsible for scientific research and development
– Establishment of operational and administration procedures and their supervision
– Planning and management of routine activities, supervision of employee recruitment, training and activities
– Performs research in the area of fundamental and applied sciences in cooperation with scientists or other engineers;
– Designs, manages production of machinery, aircrafts, ships, mechanisms and industrial machinery, equipment and systems, and provides consultations on these issues
– Manages technical maintenance and repair of equipment, researches technological aspects of certain materials, products or processes and provides consultations on these issues
– Performs research of functional parameters and characteristics of equipment, units, components, materials, connections using analysis software, and performs experimental research
– Applies research results in designing of equipment and products
– Performs equipment’s inspection for improvement or maintenance of its operations
– Control of production data and preparation of reports
– Control of work and quality procedures in production equipment in the process of planning its maintenance, establishing working hours and supplying spare parts and tools
– Preparation, implementation and monitoring of production strategies, polices and plans
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
|First component of the competition score|
Average grade (CGPA) of University‘s Bachelor’s degree (min. length – 180 ECTS) and its supplement
|Second component of the competition score|
|Third component of the competition score|
Motivation letter and online interview
|Full-time studies||4000 €|
|Price per credit||66,67 €|
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||3284 €|
|Price per credit||54,73 €|
|Prices are being reviewed for the upcoming intake and are due to confirmation until 1st of April 2019|