The aim of programme is to prepare competent specialists in economics who are characterised by analytic and critical thinking. After the graduation from this programme, the graduates will be able to analyse and critically evaluate micro-, mezzo- and macro-economic processes, identify economic problems, and propose methods for their solution in a reasoned manner.
According to the information of magazine “Reitingai” (Rankings) of 2017, it is one of the best Bachelor’s degree study programmes for preparation of economics specialists in Lithuanian universities.Entry requirements
School of Economics and Business
|Study mode and duration||Full-time studies - 4 y.|
Bachelor of Social Sciences
The students have an exclusive possibility to acquire two Bachelor’s degree diplomas in Economics: of Kaunas University of Technology and the University of Le Mans (France).
The programme covers a wide range of relevant fields of economics such as investment and innovation economics, international economics and commerce, regional economics, public economics, etc.
In 2014, the programme was updated according to the recommendations of the experts of the Bank of Lithuania and business representatives.
In 2016, the programme was recognised by PI “Investuok Lietuvoje” (Invest in Lithuania) as one of the best study programmes in Lithuania that meet the needs of the foreign capital companies.
The Economics study programme is especially commended by the Employer organisations (Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists, Kaunas Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts, Kaunas Regional Association of Industrialists and Employers, etc.).
Advantageous lecturing methods are applied in the process of studies (case analysis, imitation business games, problem-based teaching, etc.); use of Bloomberg platform, SPSS, EViews software packaging.
High-level employability of programme graduates – 85% of graduates find jobs within the first two months after the completion of studies; a considerable number of students find jobs during their studies already.
|Collection, analysis, and evaluation of data||Identification of economic problems and modelling of solutions||Making of decisions in ever-changing economic environment||Activity under the conditions of globalisation|
A student who chooses BA+ competence, acquires the knowledge and skills in an additional study field, and discovers new career prospects.
BA+ competence blocks offered in KTU Bachelor’s study programmes can be an alternative study plan for:
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the diploma supplement.
Looking at my employees’ – the graduates of Economics study programme in KTU – work, I can tell that they have the newest economics knowledge and are able to use them at various levels of management of company’s activity. They have perfect understanding of company’s financial documents, are able to analyse and evaluate them, as well as to stipulate and propose priority fields of improvement of activity. The majority of the graduates of KTU Economics study programme whom I met so far, whom I had the opportunity to speak to and work with are certainly good and competent specialists.
The manager’s work is to decide which strategy is the best and this requires understanding of company’s processes and evaluation of possible changes of economic environment. The Economics studies gave me a lot – without having the knowledge of economics I could not do my job, because economic modelling is the tool which I use each and every day when making the most important decisions of my company.
– Collection, analytics, assessment and forecasting of economic data;
– Identification of economic problems and modelling of solutions;
– Performance analysis, assessment of economy operators and formulation of insights in the national and international context;
– Analysis and assessment of international economic processes in the context of globalisation.
– Able to select and apply analysis methods for qualitative and quantitative data;
– Able to calculate and asses the company’s performance indicators, establish the company’s budget, forecast the company’s development prospects;
– Capable to integrate the most advanced economic and business practices and use them for solution of the company’s performance problems;
– Able to provide complex description of the instruments of international macroeconomic policy and assess their impact on performance of economy operators.
– Forecasting of changes in economic environment for establishment of short-term budget, long-term planning and investment assessment;
– Monitoring, collection, analysis and interpretation of economic data based on economic theories and applying various statistical and other methods;
– Research of local, regional or national market conditions in preparation of strategies or formulation of insights of economic nature.
– Preparation of investment plans, business plans and feasibility studies;
– Calculation and analysis of economic and financial indicators of the companies; risk assessment and management of the companies’ performance;
– Search and assessment of export markets of the companies, assessment and forecasts of international development possibilities.
– Performance of research of economic nature, preparation of business strategies;
– Analysis and assessment of national and international markets, search for customers;
– Analysis and assessment of the company’s economic and financial data, reports, performance indicators.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
|High school certificate|
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
|Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens|
|Full-time studies||1680 €|
|Price per credit||28 €|